Jacksonville Air Conditioning Provider Tells How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
How clean is the air inside your home, Jacksonville? Air purification systems can help assure you, your family and your visitors breathe easy. All Weather Contractors, a Jacksonville air conditioning sales and AC service provider, offers a range of indoor air purifiers designed to make your home’s air cleaner and healthier by capturing and killing airborne germs and allergens. Our models also protect your heating and cooling equipment from wear and tear caused by dust, dirt, pollen and pet dander floating throughout your home.
Other tips for improving your indoor air quality include:
- Decorate with live plants: Many of the airborne chemicals that make people sick are the same ones that plants thrive on. In a controlled experiment by NASA, plants removed 99 per cent of toxins from polluted indoor air. The peace lily, English ivy, mums, bamboo palm, spider fern and gerbera daisies are top choices.
- Break the habit: Cigarette smoke contains over 4000 chemicals including more than 40 cancer causing agents and 200 known poisons, and nicotine is comparable to heroine in terms of addiction. ‘Nuff said.
- Go barefoot: Or at least wipe your shoes before going inside. Shoes drag dirt, dust and other particles throughout your home. You’ll be surprised at how much cleaner your home and the air inside it will be.
- Ventilate: Use those ventilation fans installed in your bathroom and kitchen to help keep the air clean and odor-free. Just remember to keep the fan blades clean and replace filers if your ventilators have them.
- Replace your AC filters: Speaking of filters, replacing your air conditioning filters once a month is critical. Filters trap dust, pollen and pet dander – so long as they’re not clogged with last month’s airborne mess.
- Make like Martha Stewart: Be vigilant about vacuuming and dusting. If your vacuum cleaner has filter bags, be sure to replace them often or the machine will simply kick up the dust in your home, actually making your indoor air quality worse. Use a handheld vacuum to clean furniture upholstery and drapes.
- Corral the critters: If you have indoor pets, consider limiting their run of the house to a few rooms, preferably those without carpet. Use high-quality cat litter, clean or replace bedding regularly and be extra sure to vacuum, dust and mop in rooms where Fluffy and Fido hang out.
- Go green: Use safe cleaning products. Many can be homemade using non-toxic alternatives like baking soda, white vinegar and lemon juice. When you do use toxic chemicals, ventilate rooms quickly and store those products in an outdoor shed or garage.
To choose an indoor air purifier that’s perfect for your home, contact All Weather Contractors at 904-781-7060 for all your AC maintenance, AC Repair, AC Installation services in Jacksonville, Florida.