You don’t have to go outside to enjoy the fresh scent of nature. In fact, bringing a little bit of the great outdoors indoors can significantly improve the air quality of your home. Plants work hard to produce fresh air. Air quality only increases the deeper into nature you go. This is why so many people look at a day outside to be the answer to maladies from indoor allergies to chronic headaches.
While most plants definitely thrive outside, there are others that will do quite well indoors. Bringing a few of these plants inside your home and/or office place can really freshen up the atmosphere of your entire space while bringing a great degree of freshness to your indoor air quality.
Do you know which kind of plants thrive inside? Here is a quick list of the top nine plants for improving air quality inside your home:
1. English Ivy: This is a climbing vine that does great in small spaces and needs very little sunlight to grow.
2. Peace Lily: This flowering plant gives off a great aroma in addition to purifying the air in your home.
3. Lady Palm: This is a super easy to grow plant that resembles a small tree. It can grow rather tall and will spread out, making a nice focal piece for any room.
4. Boston Fern: An age-old favorite, this plant is a great choice for any indoor container garden, and looks particularly great from hanging baskets.
5. Snake Plant: Sometimes better known under its popular name, mother-in-law’s tongue, this feisty looking plant is actually completely harmless and can enhance the fresh air in your home.
6. Goldon Pothos: Particularly a fast growing vine that is known for its flexibility and eye-catching appearance. This plant will grace any wall in your home. We recommend giving it a trellis for support as it grows.
7. Wax Begonia: While most indoor plants stay green, this is one that will give a burst of color to your home, with varieties in white, pink and red.
8. Red-Edged Dracaena: This shrub can grow up to 15 feet, so before you plant this in your home make sure you are ready to care for such a large plant!
9. Spider Plant: Don’t let the name throw you off. This is a charming plant with graceful white pedals that will warm up any room.
Your home’s air filters will continuously sift through the air ensuring it is clean, but you can give it a natural boost by bringing any one of these plants into your home. Most of these plants can be purchased at any local nursery. If you are looking for additional ways to purify the air in your home, contact a professional from All Weather Contractors.